cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

s10+ wallpaper turning sideways

I recently updated my s10+ to the latest version (1 ui 2.1) and my wallpaper seems to randomly turn sideways even when in portrait mode. The only way I've found to fix it is by going back into the wallpaper app and reapplying the wallpaper, but this is only a temporary fix. I am using a wall paper I found in the default wallpaper app. Is anyone else having this issue?

45 REPLIES 45
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: s10+ wallpaper turning sideways

This has been happening to me as well. I have a theme applied by my phone case and it's even messed up my always on display. Glad it's not just me but kinda lame.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Have you looked at the screen rotation settings yet?

Highlighted
Constellation

It does not matter if this option is set or not, it makes zero difference

Highlighted
Constellation

yes! I have tried the predownloaded wallpapers and a downloaded theme and the same problem keeps happening. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Since your device has been recently updated I would recommend wiping the cache partition to see if the symptom still occurs. Sometimes when the device goes through a system update the old files held in the cache partition can cause some strangeness to happen until the files are cleared out.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having the same issue,  and clearing the system cache did not fix it. 

@SamsungJace wrote:

Since your device has been recently updated I would recommend wiping the cache partition to see if the symptom still occurs. Sometimes when the device goes through a system update the old files held in the cache partition can cause some strangeness to happen until the files are cleared out.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Same here, I guess we're going to have to reapply the wallpaper until the next update Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

This does not resolve the problem

Highlighted
Halo

Try going to settings->apps->show system apps->wallpapers (clear cache and data) and then to wallpaper services (clear cache and data). See if that helps. 🤔