JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trying to test dead zones on my screen

(Topic created: 01-03-2021 12:21 PM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I can't find anywhere to do the test for dead zones on my screen. I've seen a video about doing certain combinations on the phone dialer to bring up another screen to test a bunch of different functions but that does not work on my phone. Suggestions?

4 Replies
Solution
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

@Anonymous

I think the Samsung members app has a tool in it for testing that I'm not positive it's been a while since I uninstalled it.

I usually use developer options show taps. Each time I touch the screen is shows a white visual indicator. I always use it to align glass screen protectors. 

There's also an option in Accessibility, interaction and dexterity, ignore repeated touches. It wasn't really meant for screen dead zone testing but it's ok. This one puts a blue circle on the screen each time you touch. Turn it off afterwards.

Best regards, 

CLF 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thank you I'll definitely check those options out another thing is I cannot get put notifications from this app no matter what. I get an email notification if someone responds but I can't get a push notification even though all of them are turned on.
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, 

You're very welcome. 

I've always used the community forums website. Replies, private messages, solution notifications etc are always sent to my Gmail account. It would be nice if there were another way. Hopefully someone will reply here with the answer for this.

Thanks for the reply, 

CLF 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thanks, it's driving me bonkers and apparenlty i'm the only person with this problem.  I didn't get an email response to this reply either. The 1st one i did though. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes