cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

transfer photos - MTP?

How are photos transferred from the S10 to a Windows 10 PC?

My unsuccessful attempts so far are indicated below:

On my S5, transferring photos from phone to computer required going to Settings, scrolling through, changing the "charging" app to "MTP" for "Media Transfer Protocol". It was a nuisance, but it worked. On the S10, I can't find MTP in Settings. The Samsung Help files say we're supposed to download and use an app called "Link". When I tried to do that, I got the notification that "Link" has been discontinued and will not work (and sure enough, it does not work). In the S10's Settings there's a choice to "Link your phone to your PC", but that requires downloading and installing the Link app and then giving permission for the Link app to take photos and videos - sounds very insecure. Also, it looks like the user (me, in this case) must create a Microsoft account and then scan a QR code. I could do those things, if that's the only way to transfer data from phone to PC and back. But there should/must be a simpler, safer way.

3 REPLIES 3
Astronaut

Re: transfer photos - MTP?

try changing it to open files instead of mtp, and just go into camera file and copy it all over to desktop.
Asteroid

As I know, we can use Samsung mobile transfer software, Wi-Fi FTP Server, Dropbox, Google Drive, Bluetooth, etc to help us transfer photos from Samsung to the PC. And the easiest way to transfer photos from your S10 to a Windows 10 PC is using Samsung mobile transfer software like Coolmuster Android Assistant. After linking your Samsung to the Windows 10 PC, it will scan out all data on your Samsung S10, including the photos. Then you can preview and choose photos you want to transfer to the pc directly.

Asteroid

I ahd tried Dropbox and Google Drive. From the S10, there didn't seem to be a way to send photos to either of those. It sure would help if someone would specify in detail an actual procedure for transferring photos, which has actually worked for them. These broad claims are not helpful at all.