cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

unlocked phone

So I bought an S10 online. Prior to purchasing, I chatted with a representative. I asked if there would be any problems with using an unlocked phone on Verizon. I was told, (and I have a screenshot of this), that there would be "absolutely no problem" using this phone on Verizon. Well after receiving the phone, I tried to use the video call feature but it was not available. I contacted Verizon and spent 5 days going back and forth with them only to find out that they cannot turn this feature on, on an unlocked phone and I would have to contact Samsung. Samsung refuses to help me because I have had the phone for 45 days and the warrentee is only good for 30 day. I have been hung up on by a supervisor, when I called back the supervisor refused to take my call. The supervisor also claimed that her manager would not take the call. I'll be contacting the Attourney General's office.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Halo

Re: unlocked phone

I made that mistake a couple of years ago, when I purchased and unlocked S9+. Found out after the fact that they (VERIZON) blocked/disabled this feature because it wasn't one of their branded devices. I hear AT&T does this also.
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

are you talking about using Duo, I am a Verizon customer and I can make video calls using Duo to anyone who has it
Highlighted
Galaxy

There is a difference between Carrier-unlocked and Factory-unlocked.

The latter is unlocked by Samsung when sold.

For the S10e, the Factory-unlocked phones have model numbers that end with XAA I believe.

Does your full phone model end with VZW?