cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userKEg183p9rp
Astronaut

visual voice mail and stores

I'm trying to help a friend who has an S10e, and is using Straight Talk from Walmart.  I gave up my smartphone long ago, could not justify the price for as little use I had for it.

1. I want to install Visual Voice Mail, but cannot find any icon on the screens to slide over to the home screen.
  2. Shouldn't therre be a Google Play Store or similar on the phone?  I can't find anything like this either.  I know it was on the screen for my Nexus 7 tablet.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Courtneylov3
Constellation

Re: visual voice mail and stores

It should just say "play store" or you may have to download it from google..

Snowshed
Astronaut

Hi, Courtneylov3.

First, my apologies for beinga day late with this reply.  I could not find a way to actually create a Samsung account, so I logged in with Google.  NOT what I wanted, so your reply came to me via Gmail, and Gmail classed it as Junk mail.  I am not a happy camper.

However, this time the login process took me to a different web page, and I should now have a Samsung account.

@Courtneylov3 wrote:

It should just say "play store" or you may have to download it from google..

IIRC, I found nothing that just said "Play Store" on any of the screens.  But a screenshot I found had the Google Play Store, Android Store, and Samsung Store.

I did find a post that said it was possible to "hide" apps by pressing the screen for X seconds, and I suppose someone has done this to his phone.  I will check on this tomorrow (Thurs. 1/30/20).

Let's work on the premise that Play Store is not on any screen, nor is a hidden app for whatever reason.

How do I reinstall it?

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

You would need to talk to the service provider since Visual Voicemail is a carrier feature 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Gary-B82-Ambassador-Signature2Note 10+ Verizon Wireless
Snowshed
Astronaut

Hi, GaryB82.

Same apologies to you as I gave Courtneylov3.

@GaryB82 wrote:

You would need to talk to the service provider since Visual Voicemail is a carrier feature 

Been there once, for online chat.  I was #29 in the queue.  I ddn't have time to wait and sit through that!  I'll try again in the morning.

Ifit's a provider feature, why do the references I found call it Samsung Visual Voicemail?