Original topic:

120 hz screen

(Topic created on: 3/3/21 12:09 PM)
LaszloK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
So I've noticed something in the past month or so. My screen doesn't look as smooth as other s20 and s21 phones. All phones are at the 120 hz 1080p setting. I got my phone a year ago basically and the other phones are a few months old. Does anyone know what is going on with my screen not being as smooth??
6 Replies
Av3rag3Jo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I have the s20 FE running 120Hz. Honestly, I think samsungs software is the issue. 120Hz seems to be smooth 80% of the time. The other 20% I see a lot of studdering in the animations. Specifically the task switcher is very glitchy with its animations.

I hope samsung adds reduce animations back (I am pretty annoyed they removed that) and I hope they make the animations more fluid if they force you to have them... remove animations is great but animations within apps are removed like loading symbols (they should disable animations only in one ui home).

I am on the same boat as you and I think others are too. I have been debating saving battery with 60Hz because of these issues. Sorry I couldn't help but I think only Samsung can unfortunately...
0 Likes
LaszloK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah it's weird cause it's only affecting me and I do good with battery on 120 hz
0 Likes
Av3rag3Jo3
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
yeah I even have enhanced processing on and no luck
0 Likes
LaszloK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah to me that basically just drains battery
0 Likes
latoplano_6_625
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

i think its because it's not 120hz all the time. they change refresh rate depends on situation, thats why the name for 120hz is changed to adaptive. 

 

if you still think you have a problem with the phone, you can report the issue on samsung members app.

0 Likes
LaszloK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Actually the s20 line (not the Note 20) and Tab s7 have never gotten the adaptive name. Both of my devices still say high and those haven't had anything changed to them. And yeah I will do that
0 Likes