cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

2 am text from Samsung!

Anyone else wondering why Samsung would be rude enough to send a text at 2 am? I take care of children 20 hours a day and must keep phone on for necessary contact with their parents. So I always read texts coming in but once awoken I have a hard time going back to sleep. I was frustrated with getting a 2 am text to say that my phone had been delivered 12 hours earlier.  I am still up at 6 am, now having to get ready for working on a very short night of sleep. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: 2 am text from Samsung!

Something wrong with you if a quick text at 2am kept you awake for the rest of the night....

Network delays, automated text machine delays, courrier reporting it delivered late etc etc

Geez.... some people just love to complain about the most ridiculous things, why not go to sleep instead of crying on a forum about a text?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just expect courtesy from others. A lesson obviously missed by others in this community too.

Highlighted
Constellation

Is do not disturb option practical for you to use? I set it every night. 11pm to 7am, except phone calls
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Many of Samsung's texts are automated, so I'm sure it wasn't sent with the intention of waking you up. If this happens again, I would suggest enabling an overnight Do Not Disturb mode that would mute all notifications like this while you're asleep.
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have children from 4 am to 1 am. Parents can come in with a code, but parents need to be able to reach me when their children are here, so for some people turning off notifications is not an option.  It seems that business' in the same state would consider this when messaging.  It is not that big of a deal, but I figured by bringing this up, I could be a voice for those who don't want to speak up for fear of rude people making rude comments.  Your comment was thoughtful and considerate.  Thank you.