Original topic:

4G is not working on S20 FE

(Topic created on: 1/15/21 8:47 AM)
userKtYgejZ5Zq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there, 

Anyone can help? I recently got the android 11 update on the 6th of January.  I updated my phone to android 11 and then went out and noticed I don't have 4g on my phone where as I have full signal coverage. I turned my phone on and off. Tried airplane mode and even reseted my network settings still no luck. This is so annoying as I use 4g all the time and I have unlimited data. I popped the sim in my old S7 and it worked fine there no issues. Put it back in S20 FE and again not working. It was working fine before the update and if I'm lucky I would get 5G coverage at some areas. I've Googled this problem and noticed alot of customers out there have this problem. Just wondering if anyone know anything when will Samsung bother to fix it?

At the moment if anyone is looking for a solution I go into my network settings and I select 3g first and then once H appears I select 4g option but this is all so very annoying especially when you use a big brand name phone. 

6 Replies
arkfirefighter1
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
who's your provider? I have TMO and I haven't received the update yet..
0 Likes
userKtYgejZ5Zq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought the phone straight from Samsung and I live in the UK and my provider is 3

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
where is this "H" you mention?
0 Likes
userKtYgejZ5Zq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

It's when you go into your network mode and select 3g/2g and then on the top where signal bars are you can tell what service you getting. So cause of the update I have to do that every time now, first get H and then select LTE option for 4g

0 Likes
DGM
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I didn't think 3g towers were still operating. ? I've heard of a recommendation on Verizon of just putting an old SIM card in your s20 and leaving that there "until 5G is ready for showtime" . This could be helpful for Verizon customers as oftentimes their 4g or LTE as it is sometimes called, is faster / better than their Nationwide 5G. I'm thinking about doing that myself.

Btw, do you have Speedtest app on your phone? If not, you might want to get it so that you can check your speeds when you are indeed on 5G versus 4G versus 3G. Good luck!
0 Likes
userKtYgejZ5Zq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Ig here in the UK they are operating 

0 Likes