cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

5G connection consistently drops out

I've had an s20 Ultra for a week and I have had some issues with mobile connectivity. Whilst at work in the office I cant get 5g only 4 but this isn't an issue for me. when I go outside I can get full strength 5g but my connection is awful, try to watch videos or play an online game is terrible, it's like having dial up. I was trying to play a golf game but kept saying connection was unstable. I went into settings and turned off 5g and the problem went away. I done a speed test yesterday and got 70mb on 4g and only 35 on 5g which suggests there is an issue. Any ideas please ?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 5G connection consistently drops out

It's not surprising honestly, 5G is very new so there aren't many like places with a 5G modem, and also the range of 5G is very short. If you could get it when you're outside then that probably suggests that the 5G isn't close enough to the building that it can get to your phone. I doubt it's a problem with the phone though and more of just the location. Hope this helps
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: 5G connection consistently drops out

Not a permanent fix, but while this issue is rampant (I'm guessing as they are upgrading/adjusting signal) I changed my "mobile networks" settings to LTE/3G/2G, to avoid 5G all together. 5G has been slower than LTE and causing dropped or missed calls. Hopefully in a few weeks I can switch back and not have these issues anymore. (Issues on S20 Plus and Ultra on T-Mobile)
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Re: 5G connection consistently drops out

I have had nothing but issues with 5g. Even making and receiving calls. The only resolution is to switch to lte/3g/2g, per customer service. 5g never works more then a day, part of the reason for spending 1200 on the s20 plus was for 5g but I don't see this as working consistently any time soon.