cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

5g Activation requirements

I bought the  s20 5g.Do I need to purchase 5g from my carrier in order for it to work?My carrier  Verizon has it for $10 a month.Do I need to buy it.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Sun

Re: 5g Activation requirements

If your carrier requires you to purchase it then yes. I know tmobile doesn't charge for 5G. But first make sure its even available in your area. It is very limited with Verizon so check with them first or else it wouldn't be worth it to pay extra. Hope this helps👍

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: 5g Activation requirements

@Bllevine 

The phone has 5G capabilities, but 5G is still very young and in my opinion, not worth worrying about for most people. The caverage is limited, and some carriers charge extra for it. While others, like T-Mobile, claim to have nationwide 5G, but in reality it's not any faster than 4G LTE on other carriers, and they actually told the FCC that they need 4 more years to roll out the real 5G.

So with the way it is right now, I wouldn't worry about it, even if I did live in a 5G covered area. Just my personal opinion.  

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1