JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5g not working on the S20 5G

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 02:40 PM)
AZJoe67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm in Tucson, AZ. 5G is everywhere here. However, I have had to change my S20+ to LTE mode as 5G mode is pretty much unusable. It's so slow that I can't even ask the phone to make a phone call. Turn it off and everything is speedy. It used to be OK until a couple of updates ago. Samsung, fix it please! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you confirmed 5G is available in the area where you are experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Please know this will remove any Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks saved on your device?

Is your device still paired with the original carrier or unlocked from the original carrier?

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance as 5G is a carrier feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Tish_72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
How? My Note 10 worked fine everywhere but at my house since 5G came here.. Now im furious at how slow it is but cant make it stop going 5g?
0 Likes
Tish_72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you..i will go download it. We have at&t also. my boyfriend got the new note 20 for the 5g and it has never left 4g lte lol how strange is that!!
0 Likes
Tish_72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hey how do i figure out what LTE to select lol
0 Likes
AZJoe67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
There are no outages. It has nothing to do with the carrier. The phone shows 5G but it is garbage. Why blame the carrier? Can't fathom that the problem is with the phone? If it's the carrier then why do OTHER phones not have the problem.
Look inward, stop passing the buck.
0 Likes
Tish_72
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Right
0 Likes
AZJoe67
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Well @Patriot1176JG seems to think that the phone is perfect and all problems are the carrier's issues. We know better, don't we?
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you confirmed 5G is available in the area where you are experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried resetting the network settings? Please know this will remove any Bluetooth and Wi-Fi networks saved on your device?

Is your device still paired with the original carrier or unlocked from the original carrier?

I would recommend reaching out to your carrier for further assistance as 5G is a carrier feature.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes