Original topic:

Absolutely Stunned by Customer Support

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 12:23 PM)
Kapnkrunch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
The USB port on my S20+ stopped functioning a few weeks ago, so i created a ticket and sent the phone in for repair under warranty. After being jerked around for several days to provide proof of purchase with ever changing requirements, they finally agreed that it was under warranty. Then a few days of silence until i contacted support again. Today they told me that the motherboard is damaged and that is not covered under the warranty and are asking for 500 dollars for the repair. The device had no physical damage to it. It was in a case since the day i bought it. Outrageous that the warranty does not cover internal damage to the phone (i suspect manufacturimg defect). I was a loyal Samsung customer for the last 10 years and will probably never buy another Samsung product in my life based on how I have been treated.
5 Replies
Leify
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Raise a complaint with the BBB, state attorney general and whoever else you can think of. That's definitely a warranty coverage item if it's not user damage which is very unlikely.
0 Likes
Kapnkrunch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks Leify. I will pursue these methods.
0 Likes
Caelifera
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Im sorry to hear that. It is outrageous they won't cover it , I agree. I will state though, the disabled USB port could be due to motherboard failures. But it sounds like they really didn't help your case. Sad.
0 Likes
Kapnkrunch
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I suspect the usb daughterboard may have some issue. I will probably take it to a local repair shop where i dont have to wait on the phone for 20 minutes and will be able to talk to the person who actually looked at the phone.
0 Likes
Caelifera
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree
0 Likes