Original topic:

Accidental touch protection galaxy S20 FE 5G doesn't Work

(Topic created: 06-11-2021 06:25 AM)
amopel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I have a Galaxy S20 FE 5G and when the phone is in my pocket I always find it on emergency call screen or others when I pull it back from my pocket. I've done testing here and there and it looks like the accidental touch protection doesn't work. I've tried all online solutions, including wiping cache and resetting phone, but nothing seems to work. Is there something I missed or is the phone faulty and Samsung should bear the replacement cost?
Thanks for your help.
3 Replies
ThrowVT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi there! I don't have an s20 FE, but I have the s20. There should be a way for you to customize your lock screen so that this doesn't happen. Go to Settings > Lockscreen > Shortcuts. This will allow you to turn off the phone shortcut on your lockscreen should that be causing your issue. Another solution would be turning off the always on display to see if that helps. Best of luck!
0 Likes
amopel
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Thanks for your suggestions! Unfortunately those are just workaround that don't suit me (I didn't by this phone to not use some great features it has...), But appreciate the help!
0 Likes
landonloco
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having the same issue lol I have even accidentally called 911 like two or three times lol its very annoying my one plus 9pro has a pocket mode and it works flawlessly.
0 Likes