JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adaptive Brightness sensor problem

(Topic created on: 2/13/21 2:21 PM)
userNRWeLgdlUO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

After upgrade my S20 FE 5G  to Android 11,the adaptive brightness sensor in low light conditions  ,started to going up and down the brightness of the phone without any particular reason...Imagine to read an article and the brightness going up and down every 3 seconds..very  frustrating!!!

Any help here??

springdaleHun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Just installed the latest update with the February security patch, let's see if the issue is resolved...

0 Likes
usere1iKcfoQu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, any news? Problem solved with last February update? 

0 Likes
userS9mKbeCQBz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same here, returned the phone, got a new one, same issue. In safe mode as well.

0 Likes
user4fUCpkkiq9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

MIne shows the same oscillation in brightness at low brightness. Tried factory reset -no result. Also tried to reset auto brightness memory (the behaviour learned so far) in  Device Health Services app - no result. Installed the last software update (February) - no result. The oscillation always stopped for a while but later returned again. It is  a pity, after all S20 FE was not a cheap phone.

0 Likes
user2rm55NSmgB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

S20 Fe 5g. Same problem (with the last software update of February) . Please Samsung FIX this problem

0 Likes
usersDDKbLFZ4a
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Same problem here. Brightness oscillates every 3 seconds in low light conditions. Unusable. Had to switch off adaptive brightness, which is a nuisance in other light conditions.

This is one of many bugs in the S20 FE. It is just not good enough and needs to be fixed ASAP. I am bitterly regretting upgrading from the S7. Get on top of this, Samsung. Fan Edition has no fans.

0 Likes
userSuhi5hJibO
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I just got my S10 fe and experiencing the same problem here too. Is this problem acknowledged by Samsung? Is this covered under warranty?

0 Likes
Wishmonger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue with my S20FE SM-G780F running Android 11 with One UI 3.0.

S20FE.gif

Solution
usere1iKcfoQu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I updated my S20 FE 5g to one UI 3.1 before the update was pulled. Adaptive brightness issue fixed!!! 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Wishmonger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I hope you are right, and that the update will soon be available again! Thanks for the update :grinning_face:

0 Likes