JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Adaptive Brightness sensor problem

(Topic created: 02-23-2021 12:24 PM)
userNRWeLgdlUO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

After upgrade my S20 FE 5G  to Android 11,the adaptive brightness sensor in low light conditions  ,started to going up and down the brightness of the phone without any particular reason...Imagine to read an article and the brightness going up and down every 3 seconds..very  frustrating!!!

Any help here??

45 Replies
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

what is your software version?

settings - about - software info - baseband ver

0 Likes
usere1iKcfoQu6
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

As I told before, UI 3.1 seems to have solved the issue. 

userORq1s1Qcn9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thankyou.   Probably need more than a single person's experience with 3.1 to be sure though.  It's definitely promising. 

springdaleHun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

While we wait for the OneUI 3.1 update hoping that it fixes the problem, Samsung representatives please have a look at the video linked below for a full depiction of the issue. Note that the phone is indoor and the ambient light does not change, still the auto brightness does. S20FE Exynos with the latest available update installed. 

https://youtu.be/Cz6j4MFr1cg

user9soXnwPett
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having exactly the same issue. Brightness sensor jumps to zero lux every other second, which makes screen brightness change constantly. Extremely annoying.

userSdnOMq5Gpg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Having the same issue Samsung has not fixed it yet its so annoying. Bought the phone 1 week ago and I'm regretting   

0 Likes