After upgrade my S20 FE 5G to Android 11,the adaptive brightness sensor in low light conditions ,started to going up and down the brightness of the phone without any particular reason...Imagine to read an article and the brightness going up and down every 3 seconds..very frustrating!!!
Any help here??
Solved! Go to Solution.
My next step would be wiping the cache partition. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.
Thanks - it took me a while to work out why my phone wouldn't boot in recovery mode. I understand with Android 11 it needs to be plugged into the USB cable first.
Anyway, wiping the cache partition has not fixed the issue.
Same issue with my device in Australia. Australian support say it's not a known bug. Advised factory reset. Interestingly it doesn't happen on all pages on the phone. It's happening now, as I type, but if I change Google tabs it may not happen on the other tab. It happens in Settings, but not Outlook. It happens in Play Store, but not my home screen.
It happens on pages where the dominant background colour is white.
If you use night mode, the problem almost disappears.
I was able to update to UI 3.1 before it was pulled, and with this new UI the problem seems almost disappeared (it occurred only in some occasions, but really really rarely).
I have this issue on my S20 FE with the latest software updates. This is frustrating, I have to disable auto-brightness in low-light locations because otherwise this oscillation from dark to bright drives me crazy