Original topic:

Adaptive brightness and Eye Comfort Shield doesn't turn off

(Topic created: 07-25-2021 10:01 AM)
userwSL44IFD4A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
  • The adaptive brightness and eye comfort shield are impossible to turn off on the galaxy s20 FE. you can "turn then off" in settings but it doesn't change any actions of the phone. Do I just have a lemon, or is there another way to permanently disable/Uninstall the adaptive brightness or eye color shield?
0 Likes
7 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Pull down quick settings panel, tile for eye comfort shield/dark mode turn both off, then the little arrow at the botm of the panel touch that, should open the quick setting for adaptive brightness and turn off then adjust to about 50%, push details to go to the display settings main menu. Look to see what is selected for eye comfort shield custom or adaptive.. custom will let you select whats called color temperature as well as a schedule or adaptive is left to the phone to do for you. Adjust to your liking, then check the dark mode settings and set for you, then the screen mode vivid or natural where there are some warm cool type adjustments. If that doesnt fix it then let me know so i can inform you of the next settings to check
userwSL44IFD4A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

did absolutely nothing. I've also reset to original settings and tried again, got nothing. Performed a factory reset and tried again, also did nothing. The brightness just changes at will, despite my settings.

0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20
Could you be possibly mistaken the screen displays auto timeout dimming for the brightness? Can you pull the quick panel down, stare at the brightness scaler and watch it move down personally?
0 Likes
userwSL44IFD4A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Nope, wish it was as simple as me being an ID10T

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

so even if you turn off both features, you don't see any differences in display? 

have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a software issue

0 Likes
userwSL44IFD4A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I've done that and received no response. I've also tried getting in touch with support, but they don't seem to understand that changing the settings isn't helping.

0 Likes
userwSL44IFD4A
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Have submitted multiple error reports, no response.

0 Likes