Resolved

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CommunityUser02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Can I use Advanced Messaging on any phone?

Advanced Messaging is only available on select smartphones and may not be compatible with certain rate plans. To enjoy the benefits of Advanced Messaging, you and the person you're messaging will need AT&T Advanced Messaging-capable devices. The ability to share files up to 10MB or 100MB, along with group message maximum participants, will vary depending on the smartphones being used.

This is what I found hopefully it helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
XHumanity
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Please join my XPrize team XHumanity
0 Likes
Solution
CommunityUser02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Can I use Advanced Messaging on any phone?

Advanced Messaging is only available on select smartphones and may not be compatible with certain rate plans. To enjoy the benefits of Advanced Messaging, you and the person you're messaging will need AT&T Advanced Messaging-capable devices. The ability to share files up to 10MB or 100MB, along with group message maximum participants, will vary depending on the smartphones being used.

This is what I found hopefully it helps.

View solution in context

0 Likes
ALD1989
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi thanks for your reply. Unfortunately this doesn't help as I am based in the UK and AT&T is based in the US. For some reason my post was posted on the US community instead of the EU community, so apologies for the confusion, many thanks for your reply though is appreciated.  

0 Likes
CommunityUser02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
My only thought is maybe it may work the same way there just with different carriers
ALD1989
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I would also guess that too, but I find it strange that it works for one person my end in my contacts but no one else and my friends who have S20'S or S21 models can see advanced messaging from me their end, but I cant see it on my device, so trying to find out why that could be. Technology is so confusing at times. Never had any issues with Apple's version years ago. 

0 Likes
CommunityUser02
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Oh I see, that is a tricky one well I can try to do some digging to see what I can come up with but you may be better off contacting your cellular provider
0 Likes