JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

After the new software update I cannot remove the "black" camera cutout DOT from my S20!!

(Topic created: 12-10-2020 02:21 AM)
Mikey5Aces
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Samsung S20+ I just installed the new software update and now I cannot turn off the annoying black camera color on the front of my phone. Before the update I could go to settings and full screen apps and then there was an option to "hide camera cutout". Now it's not available. Is there another way to turn this awful black color off of my phone? If not why would Samsung now remove this option? There are lots of smart people on here so is there another way to do this? I actually hate installing these updates but basically now Samsung forces it on you if you don't do it yourself within a few days. So I feel trapped. Then I do it and there's always something they do that imo makes it worse, hence the removal of the "hide camera cutout" option. i mean, there was NO REASON TO DO THIS!!

Any help or tricks would be appreciated.

Thx

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungMoon
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out and expressing your opinions. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

View solution in context

34 Replies
userJHXubChLAi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just installed the update today and ran into this same issue. Very frustrating they removed this option! Would love to know if there is some new way to change this. 

MarkieMark71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
user9qbTdsAJkb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Someone here trying to help hide the notch, but it seems no one is listening, it works people.. Thanks for the help! 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

did you update to Android 11 with the hide camera cutout option enabled? that was my case but it went back to showing full screen. 

0 Likes
Mikey5Aces
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

@Samsung_Q7nlI2E wrote:

did you update to Android 11 with the hide camera cutout option enabled? that was my case but it went back to showing full screen. 

Yes I did. I mean what is Samsung thinking? Why do they feel we need to look at an ugly black circle on the front of our phone? And they just get rid of the option to hide it? That's awful Samsung, you need to do better. Hopefully when more people install this software update someone tech savie will figure out how to remove it and will help us! And on a different note I hate this new update. These companies always keep shoving "new" updates at us but imo they make it worse not better 90% of the time. 

MarkieMark71
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
JimG767
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
did they not test this update? they better put out a fix FAST of I'll be getting my first iPhone
userlLZ0kTNnqy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Anyone know how to get app groupings to show more than 12 to a page. why spread these all out and make me flip thru more pages to find what I want.
0 Likes
NickMc31
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung needs to release a patch to fix this sooner rather than later. Why would I want a big black hole in the center of my screen?? Terrible design.