cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

All SMS apps should work with LED cover

All SMS apps should work with LED cover and show the SMS notification. The case costs 70 dollars and should be configurable to at least show a symbol. Samsung intentionally removed them from the app list because they are SMS spps.

SAMSUNG, All SMS apps should work with LED cover and show the SMS notification.  Period end stop.

Allow us to configure it .

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: All SMS apps should work with LED cover

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products. Thank you for being the best part of Samsung!

Highlighted
Constellation

Just received the case, it's usefullness is very limited by apparently not supporting any messaging app (i dont even see samsung default messaging app in the list).  Most communication is done via text message this seems like a no brainer,  what gives?

Highlighted
Constellation

I found that the samsung messaging app (messges) works with the cover by default. I use google's messages which does not work by default and can not be selected because it's not in the list of applications in the icon editor configuration screen.  Not cool samsung, not cool.

Highlighted
Asteroid

So, you are telling us, that if we want the LED to Indicate we have a TEXT, we have to set Samsung Messaging as the default app?

Highlighted
Constellation

I've been a loyal Galaxy phone owner since the S3, I've always loved these phones. When I bought my S9+, I got the LED cover for it and thought it was fantastic. So when I bought my Galaxy S20+ a few weeks ago, I again sought out the LED cover for my new phone, assuming it would be at least as good as the previous generation cover if not better. At the moment, I'm feeling gypped by it. I use Android Messages as my text/SMS app and have for years. The LED cover for my S9+ sends me SMS message notifications for that app - no problem. Why would you change that feature in the new version of the cover? I really don't make or recieve phone calls, so texting is the principal way I keep in touch with my family and friends. And especially right now during the COVID-19 pandemic, it's the only way I'm interacting with anyone for the most part since health officials are encouraging people to self quarantine. SMS/text is the #1 notification I need for my phone.

I can't fathom why Samsung would release an LED case that does not show SMS notifications (other than for its own app evidently). If it was a design oversight somehow that this functionality was removed from the new LED cases, please FIX THIS. If Samsung purposefully left the SMS notification functionality out of this version of the LED case for some other reason (Some sort of proprietary move? An attempt to force customers to use Samsung messages?) it is NOT appreciated, especially after I spent $1000 dollars on my new Galaxy phone plus a pricey $65 dollars for a presumably sophisticated phone cover. 

I agree with this: SAMSUNG, All SMS apps should work with LED cover and show the SMS notification. Please FIX. 

Highlighted
Constellation

@userc1dkn4lPMj wrote:

I've been a loyal Galaxy phone owner since the S3, I've always loved these phones. When I bought my S9+, I got the LED cover for it and thought it was fantastic. So when I bought my Galaxy S20+ a few weeks ago, I again sought out the LED cover for my new phone, assuming it would be at least as good as the previous generation cover if not better. At the moment, I'm feeling gypped by it. I use Android Messages as my text/SMS app and have for years. The LED cover for my S9+ sends me SMS message notifications for that app - no problem. Why would you change that feature in the new version of the cover? I really don't make or recieve phone calls, so texting is the principal way I keep in touch with my family and friends. And especially right now during the COVID-19 pandemic, it's the only way I'm interacting with anyone for the most part since health officials are encouraging people to self quarantine. SMS/text is the #1 notification I need for my phone.

I can't fathom why Samsung would release an LED case that does not show SMS notifications (other than for its own app evidently). If it was a design oversight somehow that this functionality was removed from the new LED cases, please FIX THIS. If Samsung purposefully left the SMS notification functionality out of this version of the LED case for some other reason (Some sort of proprietary move? An attempt to force customers to use Samsung messages?) it is NOT appreciated, especially after I spent $1000 dollars on my new Galaxy phone plus a pricey $65 dollars for a presumably sophisticated phone cover. 

I agree with this: SAMSUNG, All SMS apps should work with LED cover and show the SMS notification. Please FIX. 

THIS. Im beyond annoyed at Samsung right now. First off the case was MASSIVELY delayed arriving.. So I had no phone for my trip I went on because Im not going to put a 1400 dollar phone out in the world without a case.

Next, I too use messages. Mostly because it has a browser component where you can read\reply on browser the samsungs text app does not. As you said it just simply doesnt work with messages, same goes for samsung watch which is annoying (which i also own). There is no logical reason what so ever there is no messaging apps in the led cover. Every single app on the device should show up in the app list. It really makes it rather useless. I get led cover notices for emails, which I guess is nice. Calls which I rarely receive (who does in 2020?) I guess are nice, but that's about it. Without messaging notices of any kind the cover is useless. 

This is why people root, which I am honestly missing right about now, because there are always ways around these ridiculous manufacturer issues. As the others have said for a 70 dollar case I expect it to be top knotch, specially after spending 1400 on the device. What I do not expect is for ridiculous limitations to be imposed for no real reason other than you wanting to force users into your apps when we dont want to use them.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Also, the LED cover should show contact names when a call from a contact is received. Just showing the phone number instead of the contact name is silly.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Come on Samsung fix this, we have paid good money for this case

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just recieved my new S20+ LED View Cover, and I was quiet excited... but NOW I am very disappointed... it does absolute nothing when I get a text.. other then my notification sound.  I use Textra for Texting.   I tried to add an icon with the editor and assign it to Textra, but Textra doesn't show up in the list of apps.  Go Figure....  My S7 LED Cover, displays an Envelope when I get a text.. but this one does nothing.  I can not figure out how to make it work.   Shame on Samsung: This is going backward with technology, instead of forward!  and for $65 US, it should be color, and maybe another line of LED.    Such is life!  Smiley Sad  Why would it work wonderful on my old S7, and not on my S20+?