cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Andriod Auto not working with Samsung S20 plus

I upgraded from Samsung S10 plus to a Samsung S20 plus about 2 weeks ago.  Android Auto was working fine with the Samsung S10 plus.  When trying to use with the Samsung S20 plus, the Android Auto application icon shows on the vehicle screen.  Once I touch to open the application, it opens for 10 seconds and disconnects. 

I have a 2018 Hyundai Tucson SUV. Here's what I noticed. 

The USB and bluetooth features are having a conflict.  I am able to connect my phone to the vehicle via bluetooth and play audio. No problem there. This was not problem with the Samsung S10 plus. Although I turn the bluetooth setting off in Android Auto settings,  the Samsung S20 plus still disconnects and the vehicle screen shows USB and bluetooth connections going off and on. 

I set the priority to usb via my vehicle settings,  but I get the same problem.

I disconnected the bluetooth on the phone and removed the phone grin the vehicle settings,  but I get the same problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Andriod Auto not working with Samsung S20 plus

I'm having the same issue. My old Pixel phone and Galaxy S8 were working perfectly fine, but with the new S20+ headset disconnect after a few seconds and I'm unable to work with Android Auto.

I also tried several cables, but it didn't help

Highlighted
Astronaut

S20, Android Auto and Ford Sync issues

I want to love the Galaxy S20. I really do, but I'm having issues with one component that's pretty critical for me - Android Auto. I got this phone about two months ago after my 4 yr old LG V20 bit the dust. I loved that phone, and while it tended to be a bit flaky when connecting to AA initially, once I got it connected, the LG V20 worked smoothly with my 2017 Ford and 2018 Honda vehicles. The Galaxy S20, however has been fraught with issues related to AA. Oddly though these issues only occur in my Ford vehicle, and not with my Honda.

So here's the issue - when I get AA connected to my OEM head unit in the Ford, things work well for about 4-5 minutes. Then AA disconnects and flips over to Ford Sync 3. However, it 'auto-reconnects' in short order. At this point, though this behavior of disconnecting/reconnecting continues to the point where AA becomes unusable. As an aside, I've noticed the volume from music/podcast apps decreases after AA flips on/off a few times, and you can't adjust it.

I've tried several different cables including an OEM LG V20 cable. Unfortunately, as everyone probably knows, the S20 doesn't come with a USB-C to USB-A cable, or at least mine did not (only USB-C to USB-C). So, I haven't been able to try it with a Samsung branded cable. I've checked all of the relevant settings with AA and with Ford SYNC to try and determine if there is a software setting. I've adjusted a few other settings such as turning off wireless connections, USB Dex, given the app permission to use full power, and so on. I've removed apps that might be suspect (from reading forums). I really wonder if the problem is some incompatibility between Samsung and Ford Sync 3? As noted earlier, it works perfectly with my OEM Honda head unit with non-Samsung cables. I do not experience the frequent disconnects in that car.

Hoping someone might have some insight. It's pretty disappointing as I regularly use AA in my car. It's become a necessity on road trips with all of the hands-free laws these days.

Highlighted
Constellation

S20 ultra won't connect to Ford sync for media

As the title says, my new Samsung s 20 ultra will not connect to the Ford sync system in my 2015 Ford for media. It will connect for calls however. The button in Bluetooth settings for audio will click over for a second turn gray and then slide back to the left automatically via the Bluetooth menu in the phone the car is set up entirely how it was prior and the s20 worked prior on this car. Now all of the sudden it won't. I've reset everything twice now no luck. I just did an update yesterday, which I'm guessing is leading to this. 

-Austen

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20 ultra won't connect to Ford sync for media

Hi. Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S20, Android Auto and Ford Sync issues

I am also having issue. Ford sync 3 in a 2019 F350 & S20 Ultra.   I can get it to connect via usb.  But when someone calls me & I answer. They can hear me but I can't hear them.    

When it's strictly Bluetooth, it works fine. 

Every once & a while it will disconnect from Bluetooth and Android auto.

Highlighted
Constellation

Andriod Auto Via USB does not launch using S20 + Ultra

Model and current settings

Phone Model : Samsung S20 Ultra  (SM-G988B)

andriod version 10

one UI version 2.1

Andriod Auto version: 5.2.501054

Cars: tried multiple USB Andriod auto versions

Andriod auto works fine for any previous versions of samsung and andriod phone.

Each time i connect it to the USB, it starts playing samsung ring tones, even when i disabled the function.

THe things i have did since i got my phone:

* Did not restore from any back up and fresh install.

* Disable Dex 

* Disable Bixby function key ( did it anyways if it caused any issues)

* Disable bluetooth ring tones

* Played around with andriod settings

-Settings -> google -> devices and connections -> andriod auto disabled and enabled wireless project and bluetooth

*restarted device multiple times.

*uninstall andriod auto updates with new and old. 

*yet to get another type-c to usb , since device comes with type-c to type-c.  Although the USB works with other phones 

The device still bloody plays RING TONES upon pluging in the usb and phone. is there a USB ring tone play setting cause it completly over rides andriod auto. 

If anyone has it working with normal andriod auto via USB and (not bluetooth projection) please let me know. 

If anyone else has tried  anymore methods to get it to work , please let me know and ill add it on to my work notes.. 

andriod auto.PNG

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Andriod Auto not working with Samsung S20 plus

my S20+starts ringing an unknown number everytime I start my ford ranger now after a Samsung update this week