cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Android 11 issue with Folders

Since updating to Android 11, all folders (on home pages and applications)  have gone from being 4 columns to 3.  How do I set it back to 4?
79 REPLIES 79
Comet

Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

Long press on the home screen, select settings at bottom right corner to change the icon grid number to desired rows/columns
Astronaut

Re: Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

There is no setting there for folders that I can find. Apps screen is set to 4x6, but that causes 4 folders to show, not 4 apps in the folders.
Comet

Re: Re: Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

Wasn't sure you're talking about apps inside folders. Do a little more digging
Astronaut

Re: Re: Re: Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

Thanks for checking. Much appreciated. I've been looking and Googling for 2 days and decided to ask here.
Constellation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

If enough of us complain maybe they'll change it back or give us an option to pick.  

Astronaut

there is no place to change it back. Some folders now have two scrolling screens of apps.
Astronaut

Re: Android 11 issue with Folders

Have the exact problem, updated my S20+ ultra today and all folders is 3 columns only. Changing grid back and fourth from 5x6 does not help at all, even tested to restart phone after changing. This is so annoying, have searched youtube for answers to this problem but nothing. I seriously think this is an UI3.0 bug Smiley Happy Samsung, fix this now.

Astronaut

A friend posted on reddit for me. Only responses he has so far suggests Nova Launcher and use of Good Lock. I am still hoping to find a setting rather than go either of those routes.

Apps in folders

I have always had 3 x 3 apps in folders. Good visually.