Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 12-03-2020 06:02 PM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

146 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
I would try looking at notifications and see what's their
0 Likes
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

So new development.

Tapping on Notifications is crashing the Settings App and taking me back to the app selection screen/home screen. Tapping on Display same thing.. Sounds and Vibrations crashing.

Still playing around with it but tapping on Wallpaper or Connections is accessible.

0 Likes
Eliah01
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
backup your data and reset
0 Likes
Meggie451
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Reset doesn't work 

0 Likes
Hespy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Since updating to Android 11, all folders (on home pages and applications)  have gone from being 4 columns to 3.  How do I set it back to 4?
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Long press on the home screen, select settings at bottom right corner to change the icon grid number to desired rows/columns
Hespy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
There is no setting there for folders that I can find. Apps screen is set to 4x6, but that causes 4 folders to show, not 4 apps in the folders.
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21
Wasn't sure you're talking about apps inside folders. Do a little more digging
0 Likes
Hespy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Thanks for checking. Much appreciated. I've been looking and Googling for 2 days and decided to ask here.