Original topic:

Android 11 update issues with app folder layout

(Topic created: 12-04-2020 07:53 AM)
Kyte01
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello everyone,

First time poster to the forums as I am unable to locate any help with the issue I am facing. As of this morning 7:00am PST my phone updated to Android 11 and it said the update was successful. I haven't gone through all the options available as of yet.

However, when swiping down on the screen to check my notifications, if I tap on any one app whether it be a mobile game, social media, news or whatever, I'm immediately taken back to the lock screen of my phone. The selected app never opens and the notifications remain. Has anyone else been encountering this issue?

I've restarted the device a few times and disconnected from WiFi to see if there is any change. I don't necessarily want to reset the phone so I'm curious to know if there are any other steps that can be provided before I start the path of having to reset my phone.

Thanks!

146 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Options to pick are better than a fixed amount.
userqEjmwBXqoP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

My note 10+ did the same thing and I can't figure it out and I hate it!

0 Likes
RonaldGibson
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
there is no place to change it back. Some folders now have two scrolling screens of apps.
userK4SojXsKIB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Doesn't change folders, only home screens 😑

userulYnlNr1N2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Have the exact problem, updated my S20+ ultra today and all folders is 3 columns only. Changing grid back and fourth from 5x6 does not help at all, even tested to restart phone after changing. This is so annoying, have searched youtube for answers to this problem but nothing. I seriously think this is an UI3.0 bug 🙂 Samsung, fix this now.

Hespy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
A friend posted on reddit for me. Only responses he has so far suggests Nova Launcher and use of Good Lock. I am still hoping to find a setting rather than go either of those routes.
Options
Galaxy S21

I have always had 3 x 3 apps in folders. Good visually.
0 Likes
userLSzSEidvBF
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I don't care about visually. I like 4 or more for productivity speed. I put these apps in a folder because I want quick access. Now I have to take a second action to get the ones that no longer fit on the first page. 

userK4SojXsKIB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Exactly, I want my folders to have only one page, like they did 

NannyGram
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
That's great if that's what you've always had, but some if us have always had 4 columns and it's very annoying to have it changed without the option to change it back.