JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 not received on S20 Ultra

(Topic created: 05-16-2021 10:10 AM)
userCMHMzbO6Bv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

When I bought my S20 5G ultra. I was told that I would get an upgrade to Android 11 soon. That was 6 months ago. Since then the S21 came out and I hear the S22 is not far off Android 11. Why haven't I received an upgrade? I paid top $ for this phone through AT&T.   I feel we S20 5G ultra consumers have been abandoned

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
GhostKat
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Hi, if you go into Settings then, System, then Advanced, then System update. Does that not work for you? (instructions are assuming you have android 10)

Don't forget to back it all. Up first 🙂
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
userCMHMzbO6Bv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
My system update says my system is up to date. Yes I am running Android 10.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Don't knock it. I was happier with my phone when it was brand new without all the updates. The more updates we get the slower the phone gets and the fewer features we have.
0 Likes
userCMHMzbO6Bv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I am sorry to hear that. Maybe I should be happy with what I have. Thanks.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Yeah. Enjoy being able to change the resolution on the phone when taking pictures. That's one of the things you're gonna lose.
0 Likes
Cyberbuilder
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
The update has already been pushed. S10s have Android 11. Check again.
0 Likes
userCMHMzbO6Bv
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I have an S20 ultra and it is still running 10. Says I am up to date.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for your inquiry. Once available, updates are released to Carriers and thereafter, it is at the Carriers discretion to release the update to customers. Since updates are released by Carriers in waves, we’re unable to determine when your device will receive an update. We appreciate your loyalty.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes