JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android 11 update reducing media volume?

(Topic created: 12-11-2020 07:12 AM)
RenoRich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I just received the Android 11 update and the audio sound quality (music) is starkly diffferent than before the update. I was super impressed with the speaker sound on the S20 Ultra prior to this update. Now the sound is muffled and volume significantly reduced. How can I provide feedback on this issue in hopes of a fix for future updates? Thanks in advance. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

so not only when u make a call, but all other media such as youtube volume comes from the ear piece??
and restart doesnt fix the issue??

what is your carrier and software version? setting - about - software info - baseband

thanks!

also, try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

View solution in context

6 Replies
Samsung_FpTYKiu
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue on my s20 plus after the latest update. It's now very difficult to hear my phone calls.

userryrRgsIaL7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Same issue on S20+. Media volume is maxed out and it's barely a whisper. Sound only comes from the earpiece too, not the bottom speaker. Can't say if it was like this before the update however. 

Solution
plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S20

so not only when u make a call, but all other media such as youtube volume comes from the ear piece??
and restart doesnt fix the issue??

what is your carrier and software version? setting - about - software info - baseband

thanks!

also, try download samsung members app and submit a ticket.
once you open, click +, then click error report

View solution in context

RenoRich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, the max volume is significantly lower than prior to the Android 11 update. My carrier is AT&T. Thanks for the info on submitting a ticket. 

0 Likes
userryrRgsIaL7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hey, this fixed the problem:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Low-Volume-on-the-Speaker-for-media-Galaxy-S20/m-p/11...

1. Turn off the device.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
3.When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
    An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
5. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
6. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
    When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
7. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
userdOEK5YT3Da
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
didn't work for me. Still super quiet. And as a person with hearing problems, I now miss so many calls or texts
0 Likes