Original topic:

Android Auto

(Topic created: 11-07-2021 04:42 PM)
GeeZee12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Why do no Samsung Galaxy phones work with Android Auto? I  had a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. It would connect and then disconnect.  I  tried every cable known to man. I  thought the Anker cable would work.  It didn't.  I  recently tried a cable recommended in the forum.  It didn't work. I have reset my phone and tried all technical proticols. Samsung says it's Google.  Google says it's Samsung.  Everyone first says it's the cables. No other brand seems to have the problem.  I  currently have a S20 ultra.
4 Replies
userrVCFDGwe96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
It is really sad. I bought a new car just for that feature, and now I am back to using my small phone screen for GPS. Really feeling cheated.
GeeZee12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Same here
0 Likes
userrVCFDGwe96
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Quit working on November 4th.
0 Likes
GeeZee12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

UPDATE: Since the Note 9, I have bought a Galaxy s20 Ultra [battery died on me and I sent it back], an Samsung A15 [a temporary phone] and a Note 20 Ultra [my new phone].  Discovery: The Samsung A15 worked with Android Auto, using the same cables, connected to the same head unit. CONCLUSION: It has to be something in the Galaxy software, as only Galaxy phones seem to have this issue. I see that people here have the same issue with the Galaxy S21 Ultra. This issue has been around for years and for some reason, Samsung has chosen to either ignore it or does not have the technical knowledge to fix it. I doubt the latter.  PLEASE SAMSUNG, we love your phones , but fix this glitch in one of the most common uses of your otherwise excellent devices.

0 Likes