JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Android messages unable to verify phone number for setup

(Topic created: 02-15-2021 06:08 PM)
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

Anyone having an issue getting Android messages to verify your phone number?? I have read that T-Mobile had enhanced (Rcs) messaging service and since they have merged with Sprint ( I'm a Sprint customer) I have yet to see the RCS messaging option and my Android messages app won't get past the setting up/verify number process to connect....anyone else??

28 Replies
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Strange!!
0 Likes
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
What phone do you have and how do you check to see if your Rcs switches are on?
0 Likes
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Just a heads up guys...mine finally connected about an a 1/2 hour ago...don't know quite what happened . I was reading that it may just take some time....for me it was about 2 weeks
0 Likes
glassman72
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S20
yup had the same issue and tried everything, only thing that worked, was to wait for your number to verify. I just stopped expecting it to work and one day it just started to work. not what you want to here, but it's the truth. s21 ultra unlocked on tmobile
0 Likes
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Mine verified today and it's just like you said it just did it out of the blue...
KloSanchez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
having the same issue
0 Likes
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Just give it time, it took awhile for mine to verify, also check for an update to the messages app
0 Likes
Solution
KloSanchez
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
found the solution it's so stupid it made me just want to yeet myself. go to duo verify your number there. verify, then check on Google messages verify your number there and YEET fixed.
antdwg67
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Oh wow wish I had known that weeks ago
0 Likes