cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

Catfished by S20 Camera

I bought this phone to cause I thought it would destroy my brothers iPhone 11 pro max on pictures but I'm disappointed. It's a good camera but that's it just good. Nothing amazing. I fell for the hype (ب_ب).

8k video isn't even usable looks crappy.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Catfished by S20 Camera

Did you optimize the setting and the display on your phone as well?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Catfished by S20 Camera

Using the 120 hurts and I have it set to vivid

Highlighted
Astronaut

s20 Ultra

I bought the phone 2 weeks ago and was disappointed with the camera. Didn't give much about it as I hadn't played around with the settings. But than things were made worse when I tried to use the camera at night, really bad pixalated results and bad exposure. For all the hype about the camera I was truly disappointed.. And just started to notice a flickering spot on my screen, a dead pixel which could be the proximity sensor. Called up Samsung and was unable to get to them as with the Covid-19 situation.. ABSOLUTELY DISAPPOINTED.  Let's not even start about the issue of auto focus of things which are near.. Bought it for the Camera and did not deliver in all aspects. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Frustration with the camera

Samsung, it's a shame it's a shame you can't upload photos so people can see the BIG DIFFERENCE between the S5, S6 Edge, S7 Edge, S8+, S9+, S10+ and the S20 Ultra's slump camera. You know that and you have already accepted that the problem of focus is irreparable, what you have not said is that the units are incapable from the 1st moment, for the 1st time I am extremely disappointed, my phone is my tool of work, I support my family selling photos and this phone DOES NOT MEET THE QUALITY In photographic aspect, it's a blind phone. After investing $1,400 more taxes, it turns out that the camera is unable to do the work it's supposed to do, How dare you experiment with a product for sale.... This lends itself to a class demand by the large item with the defect.....

Highlighted
Constellation

S20U.. so awfully disappointed

I'm ashamed of having paid 1390€ for this phone.

My previous S10 had way better camera & algo; now with the S20U, pretty much every picture is ultra softened, pixels merged so awfully, pictures look like have been applied a cheap "art" filter. This camera app is such a disgrace.

Anyone have had luck using any GCam port on this faulty flagship? Or any other descent camera app that makes use of all the lenses?, Or any workaround?

Highlighted
Asteroid

S20 Ultra camera is SHOCKINGLY BAD

It's been 2 weeks since I received my S20 Ultra and as much as I love the feel of the handset and the display, the camera is shockingly bad. I've always found Iphone camera's better than samsung, but with all the marketing around the S20 line, I thought this had finely been resolved. But this camera is worse than my S9. It's crazy. I have not taken one single decent shot of my son, as every photo, his skin is so smoothed out, I would be embarresd to share is as it looks as though I've applied a filter to it. The 12mp self-facing camera is the best on there and I can see the improvements since previous models, but I have tried every option and setting for the rest of the cameras and it's no use. The 100x Zoom is useless. Night mode, I still get that oil painting effect. It's nothing to do with the shutter speed, or the auto-focusing, which isn't great. It's software that's applied once the photo has been taken. I really hope this is a software issue ans Samsung can fix it, as akthough I've decided to stick with the phone this time around, I will never fall for another one of Samsungs marketing gimmicks again!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S20 Ultra camera is SHOCKINGLY BAD

Same. I've always used S series phones since the S2 but I will be looking more into other phone manufactures next time after the S20U. The camera isn't the only problem I have with it.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I sent mine back. Everything looked way over sharpened.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Take pro photos. Pro photos don't process the image.