Original topic:

Annoying Calendar Issue (mostly a complaint)

(Topic created: 07-01-2022 05:19 AM)
Xzeon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I feel like this issue only started a few updates ago, but let's say I go to my calendar and type in "go Christmas shopping" November 20th at 8am. As soon as I hit ok, it moves the event day to December 25th. 
I selected the exact date and time I wanted but the calendar app looks for key words and overrides which ever date I put in as some sort of "convenient feature" which it absolutely is not. I've had several events do this and I always have to hunt down the event in my calendar to change the date manually. 
Is there any way to fix this? Or is this just another new feature I'll need to adapt to?

(I tried Xmas for one event and it still moved it to dec 25th, so it looks for key words)
2 Replies
Jnewell05
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
The app suggests Christmas for example by selecting ok or clicking the pop it changes the date. If you press back, select another field, or close the keyboard it does not change the date. You're accepting the suggestion. I could not find a way to turn this off either.
0 Likes
Xzeon
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't recall accepting it but maybe I've been doing so subconsciously? Thanks for the input
0 Likes