Original topic:

Any recommendations for phone upgrades with external storage

(Topic created: 06-28-2022 11:20 AM)
JessieStorm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

So, I'm still using an s20. It's the longest I've ever kept a phone without upgrading it. But I've been procrastinating because none of the newer models have external storage and I've been relying on that for years. I understand there's plenty of cloud services but the SD cards have been extremely helpful and I hate that they've been removed. But the bottom line is phones don't last forever and I'll need to upgrade. Any opinions on the latest models would be helpful. If most people seem to love the s22 than I'll definitely go with that. The only thing I'm not interested in are the "ultras" and ones that are a lot bigger. 

8 Replies
krayzie15
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
Only thing I here about it is battery isn't so good, but battery is different for every single person. It's a solid phone and will be a decent upgrade from the s20
Options
Galaxy S20
So I have a S22 Ultra and I love it, and battery always lasts me about 7 hours of screen on time
jimmyweda
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
Going from my all-time favorite Note 10+5G to be honest I should have kept it and this. No phone has ever had enough battery to get me to luch so I've always been a Zerolemon hound. I hate danty slim phones. I want to be able to knock someone out with it. It's really a personal choice. Personally I hate Samsung for getting rid of the removable battery 3.5 jack and microSd slot. But, the new Samsung XCover 6 Pro is coming out July 13 and has those three back in a phone so there is hope for future phones. I did benchmark testing with my Note 10+5G and the S22 Ultra and I'm going to be honest the Note held its own for an old phone. I've had some hiccups with this phone but we'll have to see if the update fixes any of it.

Here's the link if you want to see the newbie coming out.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-xcover-6-pro-official-spec-sheet-renders-leak/?utm_sou...
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S20
It possible that it may not be available in the US market
0 Likes
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
I own an unlocked S22 and have it since launch. I have been using Google Pixel devices for many years. My last phone was Pixel 5. This year Google increased the size of their phones. One of the balanced options was to get an S22. It is a good phone, as many others on the market. I am not a power user when it comes to phones and battery life is sufficient. I even set the battery charge to stop at 85% to increase battery lifespan.

theblackcobra
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
If your device is working well and you are happy with it you still have more time with it. No need to upgrade just yet.
JessieStorm
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
The only reason I am concerned about keeping it for too long is because once it starts showing any issues it won't be eligible for a trade-in and that will save me hundreds of dollars.
0 Likes
theblackcobra
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S20
I still say you have more time before they no longer accept them for trade in.