JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anybody here having restarts after latest update when opening the camera app?

(Topic created on: 5/5/21 1:35 PM)
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yesterday I downloaded the latest update G988U1UES2DUD4 and installed it on my s20 ultra and it has happened a few times when I try to open up the camera application the phone freezes and restarts itself. 
16 Replies
Kingu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't have that issue but my phone heats up
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I'll give that a try. Thank you
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I cleaned the system cache but still was able recreate the error. I also message samsung about it and they responded that it has been submitted for review.
0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I noticed by camera app crashes a few times here and there or is laggy. I heard the May security update has new camera features and may fix the problem hopefully
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
That's the update I installed (may 1st) I already cleared the camera app cache and hope that it is just something that will stabilize with use.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

submit an error report via samsung members app when it happens again

Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, I have already and hope to hear back from them.
0 Likes
SubzeroDev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20+5G also has this problem. Camera app freeze and reboot the whole phone. 

Clear cache, wipe cache (recovery mode), reset all settings, they all don't fix it.

CS did provide a solution that works for a few days : go find system app "Sec Media Storage", force close, clear cache, clear storage, then restart phone.

But after working perfectly for a few days, the problem starts happening again. 

Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I reported the error to them and they responded that they will review it and possibly send a fix on a future update. But I'm hoping that it stabilizes with usage. For me it doesn't happen every time I open the app.