JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Anybody here having restarts after latest update when opening the camera app?

(Topic created on: 5/4/21 12:28 PM)
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Yesterday I downloaded the latest update G988U1UES2DUD4 and installed it on my s20 ultra and it has happened a few times when I try to open up the camera application the phone freezes and restarts itself. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

At this time it is recommended to report this issue and any logs to the Members App using the steps below:

1.      Download Samsung members app from Galaxy store (If not already installed.)

2.      Open Samsung members app -> log-in with Samsung account -> Explore -> press “+”sign

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

16 Replies
Kingu
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
I don't have that issue but my phone heats up
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I'll give that a try. Thank you
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I cleaned the system cache but still was able recreate the error. I also message samsung about it and they responded that it has been submitted for review.
0 Likes
Jeffc73OC
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S20
I noticed by camera app crashes a few times here and there or is laggy. I heard the May security update has new camera features and may fix the problem hopefully
Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
That's the update I installed (may 1st) I already cleared the camera app cache and hope that it is just something that will stabilize with use.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20

submit an error report via samsung members app when it happens again

Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
Thank you, I have already and hope to hear back from them.
0 Likes
SubzeroDev
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

My S20+5G also has this problem. Camera app freeze and reboot the whole phone. 

Clear cache, wipe cache (recovery mode), reset all settings, they all don't fix it.

CS did provide a solution that works for a few days : go find system app "Sec Media Storage", force close, clear cache, clear storage, then restart phone.

But after working perfectly for a few days, the problem starts happening again. 

Helmetx
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I reported the error to them and they responded that they will review it and possibly send a fix on a future update. But I'm hoping that it stabilizes with usage. For me it doesn't happen every time I open the app.