I experienced this same issue this morning. What a pain!! For being such a high-end, expensive phone, Samsung should really have this figured out. I was able to get some of the apps back after restarting, but a good majority of them did not re-appear. No rhyme or reason why.
SAMSUNG, HELP US OUT!!!
This just happened to me too! I don't see yet what updated, but everything was fine earlier. I pick up my phone and all my screens are blank, no widgets, no app shortcuts, folders - nothing. I had to reset my default browser to Brave too.
The last Android update was installed on 9/25, so it clearly wasn't that.
please address this before I consider dropping this phone. I am paying over $2400 for 2 of these S20+, this is not what I expect from a device this costly
Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
- When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
- An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
- Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
- Press Bixby / Power key to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
- When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
- Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.