Original topic:

Apps and Widgets disappearing off home screen when phone is restarted!

(Topic created on: 10/8/20 8:22 AM)
Dubble0hSeven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Just yesterday, after having updated a bunch of apps in Google play, I restarted my phone and my apps and widgets all disappeared off my home screen.  After painfully organizing them back into place, I restarted my phone today to see if it was a one off glitch but it did it again and everything has been wiped out from the screen. 

I should have kept my S8 Galaxy!  This S20+ Galaxy has been nothing short of a problematic phone since I purchased it.  Too many software issues. 

Model no. SM-G986U
Android version 10

23 Replies
uservFdIzs8wm3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I experienced this same issue this morning.  What a pain!!   For being such a high-end, expensive phone, Samsung should really have this figured out.  I was able to get some of the apps back after restarting, but a good majority of them did not re-appear.  No rhyme or reason why.

SAMSUNG, HELP US OUT!!!

momx3jnd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Me too! just today all my apps disappeared. I can't get them back on my screen! Help
0 Likes
userkozJvNLHd8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Some conflict somewhere, same thing happened to me yesterday. All apps and widgets removed. 

0 Likes
Hitmanblood
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Wow. Thought this was just me. What could have happened!
0 Likes
user9IT8B1nIr0
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

This just happened to me too! I don't see yet what updated, but everything was fine earlier. I pick up my phone and all my screens are blank, no widgets, no app shortcuts, folders - nothing. I had to reset my default browser to Brave too. 

The last Android update was installed on 9/25, so it clearly wasn't that. 

0 Likes
Dubble0hSeven
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20
Samsung,
please address this before I consider dropping this phone. I am paying over $2400 for 2 of these S20+, this is not what I expect from a device this costly
0 Likes
jcolon201
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I am having same issue tried to restore home screen from back up and no luck restarted several times no luck
0 Likes
users1lDR6vRvO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
happened to me too. This is really annoying for something so expensive. Samsung used to be quality now it's trash.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Have you tried clearing the cache partition on your phone?

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes