cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Asking for a PIN, but I never set one?

Hello!

I got a new S20 yesterday and configured fingerprint, facial recognition and a pattern (note, I did not set a PIN). 

Today, it's asking for a PIN for 'additional security' to unlock my device. I've tried the usual suspects, 1234, 0000, 1111, no dice.

I never set one, and now it's not unlocking. Any ideas, please?

Many thanks,

Dayna

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Asking for a PIN, but I never set one?

once you turn your phone off and on what are the options?? you don't wanna write random numbers and lock yourself out
Highlighted
Constellation

Comes up straight away asking for the PIN, annoyingly Samsung Find My Phone also needs to interact with an App before it works too, which I can't access! 

Highlighted
Astronaut

so when you first sign in the eyes/thumb doesn't work automatically. try to remember the 4 digit you told them yesterday when you got it (if they set it up for you). the biometric sensors not working to unlock from an off position is normal for Samsung, unfortunately. you might wanna call (with a different device) customer service to make sure you have options with the s20 before you lock it indefinitely
Highlighted
Constellation

I set this up myself, I didn't have it from store. I also didn't configure a PIN, when prompted I chose 'Pattern' as part of the initial set-up. I was wondering whether Samsung S20 devices have a default PIN, where not applied as part of the set-up. 

Unfortunately, the only options I configured at the time were:

• Facial Recognition
  • Biometrics
  • Pattern Unlock

The only one I didn't do, as I didn't see it within the settings at the time, was PIN.. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

i think you might have to bring it to the store. I'm so sorry for that, its weird its asking you to default
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

It is impossible to add biometric security without adding a PIN# backup.