cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Audible noise from speaker when nothing open or running.

If I have the volume on my s20 ultra turned up past the half way level, there is an audible static-like noise coming out of the speaker. This noise is occurs whether or not I have any application opens. Restarting the phone will stop the noise, until any app (even phone/messages) is open, than it resumes.

I have tried everything I can think of, and searching the interwebs has yielded no results. Is this a common samsung product thing that I just need to get used to?(first time samsung anything owner).

Any help would be appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Audible noise from speaker when nothing open or running.

Hello,

It may be a 1 out of 1000 speakers that have gone back but I don't believe it is a common problem. Let's try some troubleshooting.

Put the device on safemode by swiping down from the top and press the power option, then press and hold the power off screen button until you get the safe mode option. Once in safe mode, try and replicate the issue. If it goes away, it may be an app or software downloaded to your phone. You'll have to find which app is causing the problem or factory reset your device. 

If the problem persist, restart your phone as normal, open the dialer and dial *#0*# (not available on verizon devices) to open the diagnostic menu and tap on speaker. The black arrows tells you which speaker is open. If you're still hearing a static-like noise while music is played through the speaker, your speaker may need to be replaced by an authorized repair center or a mail in repair by calling 1-800-Samsung.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Audible noise from speaker when nothing open or running.

Hello  userbYnyijm3C0,

Thank you so much for choosing Samsung. Due to your device being a recent release from Samsung we would like to take logs of the issue youre experiencing. If you have already restarted the device in safe mode to no avail and checked that no speakers or mics are being muffled it may need to be serviced by Samsung. Please contact 1-800-Samsung so that they can not you to the nearest service facility.