JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Audio problem during calls

(Topic created: 06-11-2020 02:56 PM)
userdgqDX3SDdP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I bought a new S20 Ultra a month ago and I am experiencing an audio problem during my calls where I can hear the caller but they can not hear me. I am not sure what causes this. It happens 70 to 80% of the times. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you using the stock phone app when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If yes, I would recommend trying a third party app such as Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp to see if you still experience these symptoms on a call.

There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249

Also, try wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If you continue to experience these symptoms after the troubleshooting provided, I would recommend a service repair. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship your device in for service.

If you wish to ship you device in for service can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy S20

I have been having the same issue. Do you have any updates from Samsung?

0 Likes
userdgqDX3SDdP
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Yes, I have updated my phone with the latest version 

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you using the stock phone app when you are experiencing these symptoms?

-If yes, I would recommend trying a third party app such as Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp to see if you still experience these symptoms on a call.

There are a few things that can cause issues with the microphone on your phone or tablet. For example, an external device such as headphones may be preventing the microphone from working. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001249

Also, try wiping the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Bixby / Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If you continue to experience these symptoms after the troubleshooting provided, I would recommend a service repair. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship your device in for service.

If you wish to ship you device in for service can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available)
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.