JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto Restart not working

(Topic created: 11-07-2020 06:44 AM)
user2UKX8UKQRA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the Galaxy S20 Ultra, and up until the update was pushed out onto my phone on June 5th, the Auto Restart was functioning properly.  I have it scheduled 3 nights a week for 3AM.  But now its not working.  

13 Replies
userehKDCaa6ba
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Ok moderator...what do you suggest when you do all of those things, including the factory reset and it still does not restart when its supposed to? 

0 Likes
usersVYUDQ56qO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

Im not sure after which update but it stopped working for me too.

I have galaxy 10.

Appreciate your support. 

Al.

0 Likes
Jmhollabaugh
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 (2019) and I had a S9 and about 2-3 weeks ago there was updates for both devices and since then neither device will auto restart.  To make things more interesting I got the new S20 FE last night set it up to auto restart Monday @3am and nothing.  So 3 devices where the auto restart is not working.  Now I call Samsung and they want me to bring it 90 minutes away to a repair center they think there is something wrong with the devices.  I am no expert here but there is no way 3 devices one old (s9) one newish (tab a) and one brand new (s20 fe)  are all gonna have the same issue and it is the device.  I would have to be the most unlucky person in the world to have it on all 3.  Having said that I have also noticed with the s9 and my gwa2 the ringtone sync between the devices stoped working after the update.  Lastly I have also been seeing a locationconfig error on the s9 when setting up the watch and when I set up my new s20 with the watch I noticed it there to.  I have to factory reset the phones and be very careful in the set up process so as to not see the location error and its usually more luck then skill that I get it to go away in the setup process.  Having said this and to close out my babbling I see when google searching these issues people are out there having these same exact issues but Samsung does not seem to be doing anything about them.

usertu1NZdL4OU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

My Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is exhibiting the same symptom for a while, as it don't want to Auto Restart at scheduled time.  It's configuration is as follows: 

- Model: SM-G977U

- Hardware version: REV1.0

- Andriod Version: 10 

- Kernel Version: 4.14.117

- Android Security patch: Oct 1, 2020

1. Is the symtom can reproducrable at Samsun Support? 
  2. Is there a fix planned?
  3. What is perventing Samsung to release the fix?  
  4. How can I help? 

MG