cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Auto focus issue on video camera! UHD 60fps does not focus properly, at all!

Just got the update. And it fixed the issues on PART, 50% of the camera, but not the whole thing. I mean come'on Samsung. I've been a loyal customer/fan of these phones for years, and this is unacceptable. A $1400+ phone should not have these camera-gate problems. Is anyone else having a problem with there Samsung video, UHD 60fps preset, and it STILL not auto focusing properly??? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Auto focus issue on video camera! UHD 60fps does not focus properly, at all!

I am having the same non auto focus issue while recording in 60fps. The "ATCH" camera update will NOT AUTO FOCUS while recording in either 4K60p or 1080p 60 frames per second! You have to manually tap to focus

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Auto focus issue on video camera! UHD 60fps does not focus properly, at all!

Did you get the new software update?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, latest camera update was installed.  Camera update is l0.0.01.98 from firmware ending in ...ATCH has the 60fps non auto focussing bug

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did and it still didn't help. Actually, let me retract that statment. It fixed the auto focusing/jumping/searching on the regular camera, just fine. But as for the 4k 60fps, video recording, it is functionally unacceptable. There is a slight trick I've discovered for getting it to work, and that's just to record in FHD 1080p, using the rear camera. It's not focus jumpin then. But I bought the thing, really, for the 4k 60fps. It just looks so much smoohter and buttery. They need to fix this asap. I'll disown Samsung over some stuff like this. This phone cost to much to have a faulty camera like this. And this was their biggest selling point of the device!

Highlighted

Do you have an issue when zoomed in on something hold the phone as still as possible is it shaky? On my S20 its shaky even with a tripod when using 60fps. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just tried recording in 4K60 zoomed to 10x & 4K30 zoomed to 20X with & without stabilization on a sturdy tripod. My video was pretty stable. Might I suggest trying a heavier/stronger tripod? It might fix your shaky vvideo. Hope this helps

Highlighted
Constellation

I got the same problem I got the s20 ultra

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm having this exact same issue with my S20 Ultra after the latest update (camera version 10.0.01.98). Autofocus works OK on 1080p 30fps or 4k 30fps but it doesn't work as expected on 1080p 60fps or 4k 60fps. Hopefully Samsung fixes this issue soon. This is a shame for such an expensive phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hey, I have got the same issue with mine (s20 ultra). It focuses perfectly on full hd 60fps but when switching to uhd 60fps the focus is completely lost. Not working even when I'm trying focus  manually... terrible for a 1,4k usd phone. I have latest update, checked just now (31/03/2020).