cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Auto focus s20 ultra

Hi users. Will there be an fix from Samsung that will improve s20 ultra auto focus soon. Only have one more week to return the phone if update is not released to fix the problem.

This is unheard off. I really like Samsung phones and I have galaxy phone since they were first released. But this is so bad I just can't believe.

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Auto focus s20 ultra

The update is coming, probably in the next few days, but no one knows yet when exactly, and how much of a difference it will make. I hear users in South Korea are getting it now, and there are positive reports.

If my post answered your question, please be sure to accept it as solution so other users can find answers quicker. And give it a Like. Thanks

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
Highlighted
Asteroid

From what I saw on the YouTube not true. It is improved a little bit but not fixed auto focus and video stabilization. At least in s korea

Highlighted
Astronaut

I just got this phone 2 days ago and found out yesterday about the auto focus problem and hope they fix it soon

Highlighted
Constellation

Apparently they have March 30th as a release date for this big fix

Highlighted
Constellation

Source?  I am really interested.  I am a long time Apple user and switched explicitly for this camera set up.  I am not really regretting and about to return my phone and stay with something that just works.

Highlighted
Constellation

March 30 when everyone passes their return window

Highlighted
Constellation

Return it while you can.. phase detection auto focus vs dual pixel auto focus.. read about them.. s20 ultra is using phase detection auto focus.. looks to be a hardware issue that wont get fixed with software updates

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Why would they go with old tech on their newest flagship device where the main selling point is the camera? I'm so confused. 

Highlighted
Constellation

As a long time user of Samsung devices. This reply is now documented to assure that there are several new buyer users of this very expensive s20 ultra device including myself. Since the event of the corona virus problem, maybe we should give samsung developers a few more days to put out a camera app fix for the focus issues on this new device. Especially if they give the buyers a few more days on the 14 day return policy.

From what I can see, the camera has potential proportional to several low end dslr's. This means that we know there can be a software fix. The question is: Will somebody feel like putting in the time to do it? Maybe somebody could pull out an old her editor and tweak the .apk file? I'm not going to do it after paying $1400.00.

Oh shoot!, it's daybreak. I was up all night looking for a camera app that focuses properly. Gotta get some sleep so I can fight off the corona particles in the air. PEACE!!!