cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Auto focus s20 ultra

I received the update. It did not improve the auto focus. Im exchanging for the plus 

Highlighted
Constellation

I can confirm the latest update does not fix the focus issue. It's really, really bad. When scaling up to x4, in many of the modes focus is lost completely. Regardless, macro shots are a huge disapointment. The S9+ had much, much superior results. What a let down.

Highlighted
Constellation

My new Galaxy s20 ultra camera is horrible. I just switched from a Galaxy S9+ and it takes WAY better pictures. This phone is way too expensive for this kind of issue. The camera is the whole reason to buy the Ultra. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

This was my fear, that an update wouldn't fix the issue. Afterall, it is not dual pixel auto focus so it will never be as fast and snappy as the other devices. I kept mine for my 14 day return window and on the last day decided to exchange it for the Galaxy S20+. I do not regret this decision.

Highlighted
Product Expert

@userspcqWqm1Ij 

Last night Samsung rolled out a security software update that included some camera enhacements. I was curious about it since i've been experiencing similar issues on my s20 ultra. After the update my auto focus issue has significantly improved. I would suggest checking it out and see if it makes a difference for you. Hope it does. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I had to use my Ultra (in a gimbal) to do a live Skype in to a TV show.  Two weeks ago I did this with my S10+, and this week I used my Ultra.  What a mess.  The Ultra was constantly  hunting focus, and there was plenty  of light and very little movement.  The difference  between the two phones is dramatic,  and not in a good way.  Unfortunately,  I'm in the Samsung  Insights program and I have to send the S10+ in as a trade.  Otherwise, I'd be shipping the S20 Ultra back today.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, the Ultra is going back despite the fact that I got it through the Insights program.  Even at 1/2 price I cannot deal with the horrible camera focus issues.  I'm trying to exchange it for the S20+, but they might not let me, in which case I'll gladly take a refund and keep using my S10+.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, Same issue here. For a phone that was advertised as "game changing" in the camera department, this is unacceptable. My friends with older phones take much better pictures up close. It is ridiculous. Samsung - Please address immediately or refund us for this phone!