JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Back cover paint detaching/peeling off Samsung s20 Fe

(Topic created: 08-16-2022 12:22 PM)
TFinn45
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
I called customer service. After long waits and transferring to different departments, I was informed I'm out of warranty (understood) and that it is not a product liability. They all spoke in circles, not really knowing how to answer the question and basically not wanting to admit fault for the design flaw. I know I am not the only person with this issue with the Samsung s20 Fe. This models back is made out of plastic, not glass like previous models had so it's not as durable. If it's a flaw in design, then it would be a product liability. This isn't to say that every one with this model has this issue, but there are multiple people globally who have this phone and this issue (Canada, India, U.S just name a few) and have posted about it without resolution. It would be a simple fix and much appreciated; just admit it was design flaw/poor manufacturing and just replace the back cover with the glass or something more durable they used in previous models for those with this exact issue. I hate that my phone looks like this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. We would also be super disappointed in the paint peeling on the phone. Unfortunately, cosmetic damage is not covered under the warranty. You can learn more about the warranty coverage here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/legal/mobile/#standard-limited-warranty

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message a moderator directly.

View solution in context

2 Replies
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S20
I agree
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, Thanks for reaching out. We would also be super disappointed in the paint peeling on the phone. Unfortunately, cosmetic damage is not covered under the warranty. You can learn more about the warranty coverage here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/legal/mobile/#standard-limited-warranty

If you have any further questions, please feel free to message a moderator directly.