Original topic:

Battery and app issues after an update

(Topic created: 09-17-2021 02:31 PM)
userjllPjwHBe6
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
  • Ever since phone samsung s20fe has done an update the battery life is rubbish and apps ate taking ages to load it was perfectly fine to recent update samsung sort it out I should have to charge my phone all the time because of your **bleep** update
4 Replies
SamsungQue
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

I can see how this issue can be frustrating. I would recommend that you try these troubleshooting steps here.

0 Likes
NowayNoe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
?
0 Likes
EricJRW
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20
I have not noticed a difference. Maybe it's a specific app(s)? I think there is a way to see how much resources each app is using.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing poor battery life on the S20 FE. Can't figure out why your battery is always draining? Your phone has the answer. You can monitor and extend its battery life or use a Power saving mode to get the most out of it. You'll never be stumped about your phone's battery life again. Try these steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078987/
Additionally, you can try Safe Mode, which will tell if a third party application is to blame. The steps for Safe Mode are: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/

Finally, you can try wiping your device's cache partition:

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes