cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Battery

I just bought this phone but everytime I plug it in (I'll leave it alone) it barely charges and I'll always get a notification saying the battery is draining faster then its charging. What does that mean?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Battery

Hello,

If your device is draining faster than your phone is charging it could be the charger that you're using. Is it the original charging set that came with device? Have you tried using a different charger (Cable and Wall Adapter)?

Highlighted
Product Expert

I would suggest trying another cable or charging block, those might be defective and if that still doesn't help then it could be your board. At that point I suggest you give 1-800-Samsung a call. Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Astronaut

It is the original charger and I've only had this phone one week.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Hello Samsung_jBC80xs,

I understand your frustration, especially with a new device. 

Possibly trying another Charger Cable/Adaptor only to rule out those issues. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

This link can help you find a Samsung Authorized Location near you where they can try another cable/adaptor as well as test the device and see if this is a software or hardware issue potentially.

I understand you mentioned you've only had the device for one week but possibly you could give the device a factory reset, just ruling out any possible software issue with the device. If the issue appears to be hardware- then visiting a location would be a better option. 

Hope this Helps!