Original topic:

Biometric Fingerprint Stopped Working on S20Ultra

(Topic created: 06-29-2022 10:52 PM)
userxHfuXuI9ps
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi there,

The biometric fingerprint has just stopped working couple of days ago.

I tried the following but with no success:

- restarted the phone many times.

- cleared the cache partition on recovery mode 

- deleted all the saved fingerprints and tried to redo the set up but the sensor fails reading my fingerprint (I tried different fingers).

- I checked the hardware status of the sensor using the *#0*# and all tests/values shows pass

Could you please help me to solve this issue? 🙏 

Regards

Kienan

9 Replies
MaxField
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Are you facing this issue within any specific app?

0 Likes
userxHfuXuI9ps
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi MaxField,

no the issue is not with a specific app. It is with all apps and the UI log in with biometric fingerprint. 

Now after deleting all saved/registered fingerprints, I am not able to setup a new one anymore. The process gets interrupted / stops after 13%-18% or even shows from the beginning the message "press a little harder".

0 Likes
MaxField
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Try these:

Go into settings>apps and enable system apps. In the search bar type "biometrics". Whatever app it is that pops up, clear the cache and data, then try again and see what happens.

If it still does not work, clear the cache of your phone. If that still doesn't work, reset all settings, if still not working, Factory data reset. At this point if it doesn't work you may have a faulty scanner.

0 Likes
userxHfuXuI9ps
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I tried all and still have the same issue .... I think the sensor is dead 

0 Likes
BCClemons649
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
If you have a screen protector applied onto your phone, try taking the screen protector off or getting a screen protector that is fingerprint friendly.
0 Likes
userxHfuXuI9ps
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

No I don't have a screen protector 

0 Likes
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S20

i would think the sensor is defective. try checking at the authorized repair center

userq4JepvC4d3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
0 Likes
MaxField
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Kindly, carry your device to the nearest Samsung service center.

If your phone is in warranty, then it is good news. But if your device is out of warranty, then you have to pay the charges.