JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black Holr effect

(Topic created on: 1/29/21 7:06 PM)
Gareatron
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
Just got S20 FE i can't find the black hole effect in edge lighting and I've read that you need an app and it doesn't appear in the Samsung store. Anyone help me with this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry... I misunderstood you.   Try this app from Google Playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay&hl=en_US&gl=US

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

Samsung - Front Camera Notification App.JPG

View solution in context

10 Replies
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I just replied to someone on this same question... 

Let me give you some advice on how to deal with this issue.  Btw, there are thousands of people just as upset as you about this change... - - Hopefully Samsung will correct their misstep in a future firmware update.  In the meantime, here are your options:

1.  Consider using Dark Mode (I do so out of preference.).   You will most often not see the dot anymore and you'll get much better battery life.  That's a great combination!

2.  If you don't like option #1, than go to the Google PlayStore and download an app that helps to creative hide the dot, such as one of these:

Hidey Hole... choose model that matches your phone S10, S20; Note10, etc....

Nacho Notch

S20 Wallpaper (for  S20 phone)

Hopefully one of the above ideas works for you until Samsung corrects their mistake...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

Gareatron
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
What I'm meaning is that when you get a notification the camera punch out will light up with a ring around it.
0 Likes
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm sorry... I misunderstood you.   Try this app from Google Playstore.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay&hl=en_US&gl=US

Samsung - Front Camera Notification App.JPG

View solution in context

Gareatron
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
That app works great. Thanks for all your help =)
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

You're welcome Gareatron!  I'm glad that worked for you. 

0 Likes
Ryry89
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
try good lock in the galaxy playstore then get the edge app in it
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
Like he says, no hole with dark mode

clipboard_image_1612029008055.jpg

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20

I actually misunderstood original poster's question.  His had to do with no alert/light signal coming from front camera for notifications.  The app I mentioned above takes care of that.

But, the other problem of people not being able to "hide the front camera" does get corrected like you said if one uses dark mode... I like using that because I like the "look" and I love to save my battery!

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S20
I also misunderstood. mea culpa!
0 Likes