JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black screen after Tap to Scan

(Topic created: 09-28-2021 03:56 PM)
userTZPyq4luPP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I use the scan feature on the camera of my S20 FE. Recently, after I tap to scan, The screen goes black but still says "retake" or "save" as if it properly scanned. It prompts me to crop the scan as if there is something showing for me, but there's nothing. If I hit retake it will go back to the camera to take another scan. If I hit "save" it will close the app entirely. 

I tried rebooting my phone in safe mode but that did not help. I also reset my camera settings to see if that would change anything but it did not. I tried downloading a couple apps that take scans, but the quality is never as good as the original camera app had. 

Please help! This feature is super important to me I use it all the time. 🙂

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
usersjAiasV8O7
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

I am experiencing the same issue with S20 FE. Found that turning off-and-then-on the screen at the black screen brings the picture adjustment back on and allows you to save the scanned picture.

melbe
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20
This just worked for me as well. Annoying, but better than a black photo. Thanks.
0 Likes
userT6N3CiiuW6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
Glad I found this post. Same issue with my S20FE. Your tip worked for me too. Thanks!
0 Likes
userKHASD8Wiuf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

You said "Found that turning off-and-then-on the screen at the black screen"

That makes little sense.  How do you turn off and then on while black screen is being presented.  I have this same issue but am unable to duplicate what you described.

0 Likes
userV5JoLQtefK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

This makes no sense.  "Turning off-and-then-on the screen at the black screen brings the picture adjustment back on" .  What exactly are you turning off and on?

0 Likes
LtlBear99
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I am having the same problem on my S20FE.  This is a really annoying bug.  Samsung, please fix this. 

userSHB60EcwbP
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same issue. I've tried rebooting my phone in safe mode, and it did not fix the error - thus, it is not 3rd party app related.

Please advise. Thanks.

0 Likes
userV5JoLQtefK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I'm having the same problem.  Tried all solutions I could find.  Nothing works.  How do I get in touch with Samsung?

0 Likes
user6ESvGILmqD
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20
If you lock your phone and unlock your phone while on the black screen your photo will appear. However, this is really annoying Samsung please fix this ASAP.