Original topic:

Bluetooth connection drops after 4-10 minutes

(Topic created: 05-09-2022 01:03 PM)
Line Drive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I've used my Samsung S20 FE 5G with bluetooth headphones for about 6 months with no issues.  In the past few weeks, after about 4-10 minutes of listening to a podcast using my Bluetooth phones, the Bluetooth disconnects.  I have reset Bluetooth and this happens with each of my two Bluetooth headsets.   When I listen with plug-in headphones, no problem occurs. 

I've turned off and back on, the phone's Bluetooth.  I've upaired and them paired two different Bluetooth headphones and am still getting the same result.

I have a feeling that the cause is the latest Android 12 update.   Is this a known issue?  Any work-arounds yet?

4 Replies
Charkatak
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20
Could it be that your app through which you listen to music is being put to sleep? Meaning when device's screen times out, then battery saving kicks in and may disconnect music playback.

Tap and hold on the app's icon and then on the pop-up tap "i" mark. Then go to battery and select option of your choice.

0 Likes
Line Drive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Thanks for you rapid response, @Charkatak .  I'm going to try this, after work and will report my experience.   I understand the concept of the battery saving kickinng in after the phone's screen times out and it make sense.  My confusion is, why does this happen when I'm using Bluetooth, but not with wired headphones?  

0 Likes
Line Drive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

Your suggestion made a big difference, @Charkatak , but it didn't entirely resolve the problem.  It happens now, every half hour or so.  It's annoying and I still hope to resolve it, but at least the dropout isn't happening nearly as often as it was.  This doesn't happen at all when I use wired headphones.  

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S20

which bluetooth headphones are you using? 

have you tried it in safe mode? 

Submit an error report after replicating the issue
Galaxy Wearable app > Go to menu (top left 3 lines) > Contact us>> Error reports

0 Likes