JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Blurry / Unable to focus Camera - Galaxy S20

(Topic created: 04-01-2020 01:22 PM)
useruL18y5QeFV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi, I just got my S20 and realized there's focusing issues with the camera. It's still blurry no matter how many times I try to refocus and it only works if I move back much further than I normally would do. 

Also, another feedback, it would cool if I could turn on and off my data from the navigation bar instead of going to the settings.

Thank you!

16 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S20

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userqYYRsjAciT
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the standard S20.

I'm having a very similar problem. I can't scan anything with the camera when using apps that involve scanning barcodes or QR codes. It's just too blurry. I can't scan it. Every once in a while, if I back out in the app and then have it open the camera to scan again, it will be just clear enough to make the scan, but that happens very rarely, and only after several tries. Changing the lighting has no effect. The camera seems to work fine when taking pictures normally, such as landscapes, but scanning up close essentially doesn't work. My Pixel didn't have this problem. This is a serious issue for me.

The fingerprint scanner is another major issue for another post.

userf9VQsvJ9Xk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the S20 Ultra, and I'm having the exact same issue the focusing problems. 

I use android messages for desktop, as well as What's App, and I simply cannot scan the codes with the QR app scanner on the phone because it's just too blurry! It's beyond maddening, and I'm regretting my purchase of the S20. 

Samsung needs to get their act together and fix this asap! 

Solution
userEXpbi4r5pO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

Have you tried reset the camera and phone settings?

To reset setting on the phone go to settings > general management> reset> reset settings.

To reset camera settings open the camer> tap the settings icon> scroll down to reset. 

Hope this helps 

useruL18y5QeFV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Hi,

It works now! Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes
user0pprtZm1IZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

I have an S20 Plus and have the exact same issue.  It can't focus on close items.  My S9+ did a much better job and I am now wishing I still had that phone instead of this clunker.20200401_144406.jpg

userUaROfFxXaB
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

When I had Samsung S10 Plus no problems with the camera, it worked flawlessly!  How I was delighted when the next S20 lineup from Samsung entered the market....So was glad that I will be the owner of the best camera in the world from Samsung S20 Ultra, but when my first impressions during testing in nature are what bright and colorful photos, BUT I couldn’t even suspect that macro photography would have such a disgusting effect on this TOP phone...I'm not talking about shooting in dark places, focusing doesn’t work at all.

Anamara
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S20

I have the same  issue with my S20+Screenshot_20200718-232550_Gallery.jpg

I have issue as well with my s20+

No focus also when I am trying to make photos indoor it applies yellow filter ((((

I already miss my s10...

S20 plus
userH1t6pfQWvT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

Im using note 10 and im experiencing the same issues. I cannot scan bar codes properly in my shopify app. My s9 works waaaay better!!!

0 Likes