JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bring back the hide camera cutout option

(Topic created: 01-27-2021 03:58 PM)
userQmYCJ2qXUE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S20

In One UI 2.5 there was an option to hide front camera by adding a notch, there is no such option anymore. I really hate having to stare at that tiny hole in my display. I regret upgrading to One UI 3.0 and am considering downgrading.

3 Replies
Solution
DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
I'm guessing Samsung will bring that feature back because many people are upset about that.

in the meantime, if you put your phone in dark mode, which looks cool and is a great battery saver, you will almost never see the front camera hole.

If you don't like that option, you can go to the Google play Store and download a Samsung 20 wallpaper which creatively hides the camera hole...

Check out "S20 Wallpaper & S20 Ultra Wallpaper & S20 Plus"
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flb.galaxy.s20.wallpaper.s20plus.wallpaper.cutout....

Hopefully one of these ideas work until the original fix comes back.

Be sure to click  " ✓ Accept as Solution"  when you find an answer that works for you. - Thanks!

userychiRc2E7B
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S20

I'd like to say that samsung will definitely bring it back but chances are it's gone for good. At least it won't be coming back until the next android version so not for another year to two years.

Wallpaper doesn't do anything about the glaring hole in apps.

DGM
Sun
Options
Galaxy S20
You might be right. However, as I'm in dark mode all of the time I almost never see that little hole. And as having dark mode on saves a ton of battery.. it seems like a smart way to go!

I only have one or two apps that don't have dark mode, and when using those I really don't focus on the little hole so it's not a big deal for me.. and it gives me a little bit more real estate at the top of my screen.

Chances are I'm going to hang on to this phone for two or three years before I get ready to switch and who knows if I'll stay with Samsung at that point. If Samsung doesn't correct their nonsense by then, I'm gone!
0 Likes