cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra - Back Camera Glass Broke

Mine cracked immediately as well.  It was within the first week, and I'm not sure if it was like that when I got it. Was using the Samsung leather case with it, but switched to something with more protection as soon as I noticed the crack. This really stinks, it has always been babied and I never dropped it. It's the ultra and I have never charged it wireless at this point. 

I really hope Samsung steps up and fixes these, because I love the phone other than this. If there is a class action lawsuit that you know of, please let me know. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Broken rear camera glass s20 ultra

My wife had the same thing happen to her s20 ultra. At first samsung told us they would fix i , now they are saying they won't and that it will be over $100 to fix. I think we've paid enough already to expect this phone not to crack in our pockets, especially with a protective case on it. 

Cosmic Ray

S20 Ultra Camera Cracked

Have my s20 in an Otterbox defender, it was sitting on my desk face down. Used it last night to take some up close shots of my garden. 

Go to take a picture this morning, and see this. https://i.imgur.com/ffqt58Fm.jpg

I live alone, and this makes it so my phone cannot zoom more then 5x. 

Local repair (an hour away) is out of stock of repairs until Covid passes.ffqt58Fm

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S20 Ultra Camera Cracked

I'm starting to wonder if Samsung might just recall all the S20 ultra models and brick the line.

Why have a £1199 cellphone with crippled autofocus, this is obscene.

Perhaps due to a hardware limitation this will never be resolved. The best bet looks like the S20+ or even the gaming phones being launched later this year. Not many carriers will offer these gaming phones on contract which takes the biscuit.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Oh no...  today I realized my camera lense so does have a hairline crack going from side to side.  About mid way on the lense.  The vrack doesn't go in front of the actual lense tho.  But i never dropped my phone.  So I came to the forum and noticed this has been a issue with alot of phones. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

What are you guys doing to crack it? This lady tried to break the camera by dropping it multitple times on a concrete sidewalk and couldn't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NZH6-5-xFQ

Samsung's Galaxy S20 Ultra is really expensive. That's why we tested its durability by seeing how it holds up after a few drops outside. Subscribe to CNET: h...
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

As states, I have never dropped my phone. Even if I had, it's in the OtterBox defender case. 

My best guess is temperature changes. I live in a cold climate, and indoors can be quite drastic change.

Highlighted
Product Expert

Unfortunately, a crack is never covered under any form of manufacturer's warranty so there would definitely be a charge to repair the camera. You can either contact 1800-SAMSUNG or take the phone to a Samsung repair center to service it.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

No repair center can do it due to lack of stock from corona virus, I called several. I can't be without a phone for a few weeks, so I'll have to wait for it for now. (Also already contacted the repair service, as I mentioned, no stock!)

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

@Emig5mits possible that the glass is fine for drops and that just goes to show that for people like us with fractured, cracked or hole punched screens, we must be using power tools to get the thing to break!

My theory is that there is a batch of (a) poorly made phones, (b) phones made out of engineering standards or (c) zoom lens that are misbehaving based on firmware or software glitch are causing these issues for us. Without any contribution from Samsung, its difficult to diagnose.

They can't just shut people out when there are so many occurences of this happening with the flagship phone. They need to not only take away people's phones for assessment but replace our phones to repair their now-damaged reputation while they figure out what is happening with their processes.